About NAIFA-West Virginia
The mission of this Association is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment; enhance business and professional skills; promote the ethical conduct of our members; provide, through this Association, for rendering civic and community service and for forming enduring friendships; create and maintain a sound public opinion; promote good will; and, in all other appropriate and legally permissible ways, protect and advance the best interests of life and health insurance and related financial services.
As the state affiliate of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, NAIFA-West Virginia is the premier insurance and financial services association providing leadership and advocacy to the industry while delivering excellence in benefits and services to the members.
Top-quality speakers bring motivation, inspiration, and/or education to our meetings. Meetings and communications include notice of all legislative issues pending statewide and nationally. Campaigns are organized to contact our legislators on issues that affect our clients negatively. We have invited representatives from our district to speak and have sponsored campaign fundraisers for legislators. We also collect funds regularly for IFAPAC.
Our members are involved both personally and through the association with many charitable organizations and are active in giving back to the community in which they reside and earn a living. NAIFA-West Virginia members are bound by a Code of Ethics that requires exemplary behavior on our clients' behalf:
Those engaged in offering insurance and other related financial services occupy the unique position of liaison between the purchasers and the suppliers of insurance and closely related financial products. Inherent in this role is the combination of professional duty to the client and to the company, as well. Ethical balance is required to avoid any conflict between these two obligations. Therefore,
I Believe It To Be My Responsibility:
- To hold my profession in high esteem and strive to enhance its prestige.
- To fulfill the needs of my clients to the best of my ability.
- To maintain my clients' confidences.
- To render exemplary service to my clients and their beneficiaries.
- To adhere to professional standards of conduct in helping my clients to protect insurable obligations and attain their financial security objectives.
- To present accurately and honestly all facts essential to my clients' decisions.
- To perfect my skills and increase my knowledge through continuing education.
- To conduct my business in such a way that my example might help raise the professional standards of those in my profession.
- To keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations and to observe them in the practice of my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services are constructively related to meeting the needs of my clients.
Founded in 1890 as The National Association of Life Underwriters (NALU), NAIFA is one of the nation’s oldest and largest associations representing the interests of insurance professionals from every Congressional district in the United States. NAIFA members assist consumers by focusing their practices on one or more of the following: life insurance and annuities, health insurance and employee benefits, multiline, and financial advising and investments. NAIFA’s mission is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of its members.
The Vision and Mission of NAIFA
Vision Statement: The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors protects and promotes the critical role of insurance in a sound financial plan and the essential role provided by our professional agents and advisors.
Mission Statement: The mission of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of our members.
For more information about NAIFA, please visit www.NAIFA.org.